Payroll & Compliance – The Monthly Chronicle – September 2021
In this edition, learn about key legislative updates including
- EPFO to streamline interest credit process in accounts of subscribers
In order to comply with changing Income Tax rule for PF perk calculations, EPFO has proposed to credit the accumulated provident fund interest into the accounts of their members. The further process will be intimated once the details are fixed and streamlined.
The newsletter also covers some other topics:
- Company to choose mandatory service category under Provident Fund Portal
- Covid-19 vaccination spending would be considered under Corporate Social Responsibility ("CSR") funds
- Extension of Employees' State Insurance Act, 1948 in the Madurai District and Delhi
- Who can be called as nominees under the Employees' Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952?
- Tamil Nadu Professional Tax (PT) remittance made online