Payroll & Compliance – The Monthly Chronicle – June 2021
In this edition, learn about key legislative updates including:
- Income Tax Return due date extended
- The Statement of Deduction of Tax for the last quarter of the Financial Year i.e. Q4 (Jan to Mar 2021) TDS return for FY 2020-21 is extended to 30 June 2021 (earlier the due date was 31 May 2021)
- The Certificate of Tax Deducted at Source i.e. Form No 16 to the employee: The due date has been extended to 15 July 2021 (earlier the due date was 15 June 2021)
- The due date of furnishing of Return of Income for the Assessment Year 2021-22 u/s 139(1) i.e. ITR filing for individuals and HUF has been extended to 30 September 2021 (earlier due date was 31 July 2021)
- The due date of furnishing of Report of Audit for FY 2020-21 has been extended to 31 October 2021 (earlier the due date was 30 September 2021).
- The due date of furnishing of Return of Income for the Assessment Year 2021-22 i.e. ITR filing for companies have been extended to 30 November 2021 (earlier due date was 31 October 2021)
- The due date of furnishing for Belated or revised Return of Income for the Assessment Year 2021-22 u/s 139 (4) and (5) has been extended to 31 January 2022 (earlier due date was 31 December 2021).
In view of increasing COVID-19 and to reduce hardship on companies and individual assesses, government has extended the below income taxrelated due dates.
The below due dates are extended:
Click here to read the official notification.
The newsletter also covers some other topics:
- Implementation of Section 142 of Social Security Schemes
- Mandatory AADHAAR verification for PF deposit
- Update of correct IFSC with Member UAN
- Benefit announced to the family of the deceased due to COVID-19
- EPFO allows PF advance withdrawal
- Amendment in Employee State Insurance (ESIC) Scheme